Terms and conditions
Here's the legal bit...
How much will my room cost?
At HamCam we have a range of properties to suit undergraduates and postgraduates including international students, ranging from studios to 5 bedroom flats. Our standard prices for 2017/18 academic year are:
- Studios - £135 per week single occupancy/£155 per week double occupancy
- 2 Bed flats - £89.50 per person, per week
- 5 Bed flats - £89.50 per person, per week
- Hall rooms - £75.00 per person, per week
All prices are fully inclusive of all utility bills, contents insurance for your room (see standard policy wording for limitations), use of facilities on site including gym and sports pitch.
How long will my contract be?
Our standard tenancy contract (AST) is for 43 weeks from 16 September 2017 to 13 July 2018 except for Studios which have a standard contract length of 51 weeks.
Alternatively we offer a 51 week contract which starts on 16 September 2016 and ends on 7 September 2018. A 3% discount off the weekly rent payable is offered on 51 week contracts.
Shorter contracts may be available for rooms in Hamstead Hall only, not in the flats, depending on availability and subject to contract.
Is there a reservation fee?
A reservation fee is required during the application process to secure the reservation unless otherwise stated. The reservation fee (studio £500; 2 bed flat £250 per person; 5 bed flat £100 per person) is deducted from the first term's rent. The reservation fee is not a security deposit. The reservation fee is payable by bank transfer or debit/credit card.
If you decide not to continue with your application within 14 days of having paid your reservation fee, your reservation fee will be refunded to you and your application cancelled. Reservation fees are not refunded after 14 days.
Is there a security deposit?
No. We do not require a security deposit.
What does my rent include?
Your rent is all-inclusive and includes heating, hot water, electricity, contents insurance (subject to terms and conditions, see standard policy, limits and exclusions apply) with Endsleigh and up to 100MB broadband, including IPTV.
What are the payment options?
Your rent can be paid in advance in one instalment for the whole contract before you move in and you will receive a 1% discount.
Alternatively you may pay in three termly instalments (paying for each term in advance) by Direct Debit for terms 2 and 3 with term 1 paid by bank transfer or debit/credit card. If you select this method of payment, you will need to complete a Direct Debit mandate and provide a guarantor. Your guarantor must be UK resident, be in employment and have no CCJs registered against them. Your guarantor must complete our Guarantor form, provide photographic ID and proof of their employment and salary as part of the approval process. Your guarantor will be credit checked during the process once they have given their consent to this.
Please note that if paying in termly instalments the rent for term 1 at least must be paid in full before you move in to the property.
What documentation do I need to sign once I have completed the application process?
Once the application process has been completed with all of the information listed above being provided, you will need to sign a Tenancy Agreement. Our Tenancy Agreements are listed below and vary slightly depending upon which type of accommodation you have reserved. If you have a guarantor they will also need to sign the tenancy agreement. Tenancy agreements are signed online using E-sign which is quick and easy.
How do I apply?
You can apply online or by visiting the Accommodation Office. Alternatively you can download an application form below, complete it and email to email@example.com or post to us at Customer Service Team, Hamstead Campus, 138 Friary Road, Birmingham B20 1AP.
What is the "Bus Pass Offer"?
*The following terms and conditions apply:
1. Maximum of 1 National Express West Midlands bus pass (the Bus Pass) per person for the 2017/18 Academic Year.
2. You must have satisfactorily: a) completed the Hamcam application process and b) signed your Hamcam AST contract for a minimum of 43 weeks from 16 September 2017 (and had the guarantor's addendum completed satisfactorily) by 12 noon on Friday 17 December 2016 under the 'Warm and Cosy' offer or by 12 noon on Friday 12 May 2017 under the 'Early Bird' offer or by 12 noon on Friday 25 August 2017 under the 'Here Comes Summer' offer or by 12 noon on Thursday 12 October 2017 under the 'All Aboard' offer to qualify for a free bus pass and c) have paid the rent due under your AST for at least the first 15 weeks (from 16 September 2017) in order to be eligible to receive the Bus Pass.
3. You must have no rent arrears in respect of 2016/17 or any earlier year in order to be eligible for any form of Bus Pass offer for 2017/18.
4. The Bus Pass will be issued by the Hamcam Accommodation Office on production of necessary information including photos between 18 August 2017 and 10am on Friday 13 October 2017.
5. Maximum of one free bus pass will be issued per studio flat for 2017/18 (even if double occupancy)
6. No refund will be made in respect of any Bus Passes purchased independently by students.
7. If a student customer is released from their contract after moving out before the end of the fixed term of their contract (which occasionally hapepens when their room has subsequently been re-let to a new customer) a deduction will be made from any refund due to the customer to cover the cost of the bus pass provided to the customer.
8. There is no cash alternative.
9. The decision of Hamstead Campus Limited or Hamstead Hall Limited on any disputed eligibility claim will be final.
Yes, see the application form below. Please complete the form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you. Don't worry if you don't have all of the information at this stage.
Recommend a friend Terms and Conditions
Offer applicable for new introductions from 01 November 2016 only.
Introduce a new customer who is not already a customer of Hamstead Campus Limited or Hamstead Hall Limited.
The new customer must be completely new to us and must not have enquired previously.
Recommendations for full academic year (43 or 51 week) contracts only.
Referrer £50 payment to be made by transfer direct to your bank account.
£50 payment to the referee.
Payment will not be made to either party until the first term’s rent is paid in full by both parties.
New customer must quote the referrers full name at the time of booking for both parties to qualify.
Management decision is final.
Management reserve the right to withdraw or amend this offer at any time.