Terms and conditions
Here's the legal bit...
How much will my room cost?
At HamCam we have a range of properties to suit undergraduates and postgraduates including international students, ranging from studios to 5 bedroom flats. Our standard prices for 2018/19 academic year are:
- Studios - £155 per week single occupancy/£175 per week double occupancy
- 2 Bed flats - £99.00 per person, per week
- 5 Bed flats - £89.00 per person, per week
- Hall rooms - £79.00 per person, per week
All prices are fully inclusive of all utility bills, contents insurance for your room (see standard policy wording for limitations), use of facilities on site including gym and sports pitch.
How long will my contract be?
Our standard tenancy contract (AST) is for 43 weeks from 15 September 2018 to 12 July 2019 except for Studios which have a standard contract length of 51 weeks.
Alternatively we may offer a 51 week contract which starts on 15 September 2018 and ends on 6 September 2019. We do not normally offer 51 week ocntract in 5 bed flats.
Shorter contracts may be available for rooms in Hamstead Hall only, not in the flats, depending on availability and subject to contract.
Are any fees payable?
No. We do not charge any fees. The only amount payable under the contract is the rent as shown in the contract.
Is there a security deposit?
No. We do not require a security deposit.
What does my rent include and what is INITIAL RENT?
INITIAL RENT is payable immediately after you (and your guarantor if applicable) sign the contract and before we sign the contract. If INITIAL RENT is payable we will notify you when we email to confirm your provisional booking. INITIAL RENT is payable as follows: for a studio £500; for a 2 bed flat £250 per person; for a 5 bed flat £100 per person). INITIAL RENT is not a fee and it is not a deposit. INITIAL RENT forms part of your overall rent payment under the contract. INITIAL RENT is payable by bank transfer or debit card.
INITIAL RENT is NOT REFUNDABLE. If you (and/or your guarantor) are in any doubt you should take independent advice and you should not sign the contract. We will only sign the contract after you (and your guarantor if applicable) have signed and have paid any INITIAL RENT that is due. If the contract has been signed by all parties then you are liable to pay all of the the rent due under the contract. If you wish to withdraw from the contract you should vacate the property and return the keys to us if you have moved in. You and we should then make all reasonable efforts to re-let the property at which time your liability will end.
Your rent is all-inclusive and includes heating, hot water, electricity, contents insurance (subject to terms and conditions, see standard policy, limits and exclusions apply) with Endsleigh and up to 100MB broadband, including IPTV.
What are the payment options?
Your rent can be paid in advance in one instalment for the whole contract before you move in and you will receive a 1% discount.
Alternatively you may pay in three termly instalments (paying for each term in advance) by Direct Debit for terms 2 and 3 with term 1 paid by bank transfer or debit/credit card. If you select this method of payment, you will need to complete a Direct Debit mandate and provide a guarantor. Your guarantor must be UK resident, be in employment and have no CCJs registered against them. Your guarantor must complete our Guarantor form, provide photographic ID and proof of their employment and salary as part of the approval process. Your guarantor will be credit checked during the process once they have given their consent to this.
Please note that if paying in termly instalments the rent for term 1 at least must be paid in full before you move in to the property.
What documentation do I need to sign once I have completed the application process?
Once the application process has been completed with all of the information listed above being provided, you will need to sign a Tenancy Agreement. Our Tenancy Agreements are listed below and vary slightly depending upon which type of accommodation you have reserved. If you have a guarantor they will also need to sign the tenancy agreement. Tenancy agreements are signed online using E-sign which is quick and easy.
How do I apply?
You can apply online or by visiting the Accommodation Office. Alternatively you can download an application form below, complete it and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to us at Customer Service Team, Hamstead Campus, 138 Friary Road, Birmingham B20 1AP.
What is the "Bus Pass Offer"?
*The following terms and conditions apply:
1. Maximum of 1 National Express West Midlands bus pass (the Bus Pass) per person for the 2018/19 Academic Year.
2. You must have satisfactorily: a) completed the Hamcam application process and b) signed your Hamcam AST contract for a minimum of 43 weeks from 15 September 2018 (and had the guarantor's addendum completed satisfactorily) by 12 noon on Friday 15 December 2017 under the 'Warm and Cosy' offer or by 12 noon on Friday 11 May 2018 under the 'Early Bird' offer or by 12 noon on Friday 24 August 2018 under the 'Here Comes Summer' offer or by 12 noon on Thursday 11 October 2018 under the 'All Aboard' offer to qualify for a free bus pass and c) have paid the rent due under your AST for at least the first 15 weeks (from 15 September 2018) in order to be eligible to receive the Bus Pass.
3. You must have no rent arrears in respect of 2017/18 or any earlier year in order to be eligible for any form of Bus Pass offer for 2018/19.
4. The Bus Pass will be issued by the Hamcam Accommodation Office on production of necessary information including photos between 17 August 2018 and 10am on Friday 12 October 2018.
5. Maximum of one free bus pass will be issued per studio flat for 2018/19 (even if double occupancy)
6. No refund will be made in respect of any Bus Passes purchased independently by students.
7. If a student customer is released from their contract after moving out before the end of the fixed term of their contract (which occasionally happens when their room has subsequently been re-let to a new customer) a deduction will be made from any refund due to the customer to cover the cost of the bus pass provided to the customer.
8. There is no cash alternative.
9. The decision of Hamstead Campus Limited or Hamstead Hall Limited on any disputed eligibility claim will be final.
Yes, see the application form below. Please complete the form and email to email@example.com and we'll get back to you. Don't worry if you don't have all of the information at this stage.
Recommend a friend Terms and Conditions
Offer applicable for new introductions from 01 November 2017 only.
Introduce a new customer who is not already a customer of Hamstead Campus Limited or Hamstead Hall Limited.
The new customer must be completely new to us and must not have enquired previously.
Recommendations for full academic year (43 or 51 week) contracts only.
Referrer £50 payment to be made by transfer direct to your bank account.
£50 payment to the referee.
Payment will not be made to either party until the first term’s rent is paid in full by both parties.
New customer must quote the referrers full name at the time of booking for both parties to qualify.
Management decision is final.
Management reserve the right to withdraw or amend this offer at any time.